Tuesday, January 15, 2008


Finding Out What the Baby IS!!

Today after doing nails for part of the day Cody, Corban and I went and got Carson out of school to go to the ultrasound with us. As we were driving Corban was quit but Carson was full of questions. Here is one he asked.

Carson: Dad how do we know if it is a boy or a girl?

Cody: Well if it is a boy, it will have boy parts (although not quite that nice).

Carson: Laughed and thought it was so funny.
Well at the ultrasound the boys watched the monitor in awe. It was really fun. Corban stared in amasement at the screen. As the tech measured we learned the baby was healthy and big. She said the baby was measuring 13 days big but because it was not 14 days my due date will stay June 2. At the end she asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. We all said yes and she said It is another BOY. No surprise to us. We produce them pretty well. The tech said well at least you have pretty cute ones and I had to agree.
I wanted to share the ultrasound picture but it is way to dark and you can't even tell there is a baby. Sorry!!
Memories of January 15
Today was also a day that brought back some memories, so I thought I would share it with you. January 15, 1998 I left home to go live with my Aunt Theresa and my Uncle Sid in Boston. Cody was on his mission and I needed a change of scenery. I found a picture of the night before when some of my friends came to tell me good-bye before I left. It is weird to think how fast time goes. 10 years ago I was 20 years old exploring the country and now I am 30 and expecting my third boy.


Sydney, Rachel, Megan, and Me

(Oh, what nice hair I have) I thought you all might enjoy this.

3 comments:

Damon said...

You guys all look so young! Thanks for reminding me how freaking old we are. :)

Sydney said...

Congrats on the baby boy #3!!! I too think I'm going to have all boys and I'm okay with it!

Love the picture- I haven't changed at all and I think I still have that sweater in my closet:)

Rachel said...

Oh Syd, you are too funny.

I have no memory of that night, but I'm so glad you have the photographic evidence of it! It's funny... I have a very similar haircut 10 years later, but what I really want are those skinny thighs! Freak! Time has not been kind to this mamma's body.

Thanks for the flashback Kara and congrats on #3! You do indeed make very cute little boys.