Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tagged!!

Yes, thanks to a wonderful friend I have been tagged. It is the worst and kind of fun at the same time. So since I read your post Rachel I have been thinking about it for a week. In fact I started thinking about what to write instead of preparing my lesson I had been asked to teach in Relief Society last week. It took a day to get my mind back to my lesson. When the lesson was over I started thinking again. Needless to say here goes but most of you know this stuff.

1. I am a Perfectionist(not in everything just a lot of things). I like to do my very best on stuff and if I don't or can't I will put it away for a while(sometimes longer). It is hard for me to teach my children to do things and let it be the way they have done it instead of fixing it to be prefect. But I am working on it.

2. I am a Emergency Medical Technician Intermediate(EMT-I). I got my certification when attending SUU ten years ago. My roommate asked me to take the class with her so I did. I didn't think I would like it so much to keep my certification. In fact I didn't think I could handle the blood but when they brought real placentas for us to see and feel you either get over it or quit. I got over it. My older cousin was an EMT when I was little and he used to ask me to help him moch disasters and stuff. I never would because it scared me. I have obviously got over that too. Since having my certification I have ran on an ambulance for 3 years and worked in an ER doing many moch disasters.

3. Vampire! (Not in the sense of drinking but of drawing). From being an EMT I have learned to draw blood and have become IV certified. I love it!! Not kidding. Give me and arm and let me feel the veins. It amazes me that we can stick a needle in a vein and get blood and also administer to the sick by giving medications and fluids.

4. I Truly Love the Elderly. Since I was little I use to love to go see my great grandma. When I was between 10-12 I took crochet lesson from an elderly lady in my ward. I loved to go to her house and learn. And then when Cody and I were first married I had a lady in her 80's ask me to do her nails. Every three weeks I would go to her house and do her acrylic nails until she passed away. I am currently visiting a lady in her late 80's to do her nails. I enjoy making their hands pretty and hearing their life stories. I love visiting with my grandparents now and learning about them.

5. I am a Collector of Paper. Yes, I love paper. Always have. My mom use to set me on the counter with paper and crayons to color while she baked I wouldn't move for hours. I use to collect note pads and different colors of paper. As a child I would go to the local copy shop to by 1 sheet of each color of paper and I would saver it. It had to be something special to get me to use it. For my birthday every year I would get a ream of white paper (500 sheets). Yes I would use the whole ream within that year. Hence comes scrap booking. I use to be good at staying caught up until high school (the last 15 years haven't been good). But oh do I have the paper to do it. I still by the cute paper when I see it because I have good intentions for someday in the future getting back to it.

6. I have always wanted to be a Singer or play a Musical Instrument. I did in no way come from a musically inclined family. My mom use to tell me to quit singing when I was little. Tells you how well I do. If we are in a group, like sacrament meeting and somebody is singing off key I tend to follow that person instead of the one on key. I started guitar lessons twice in my life. The first time in high school. I was doing pretty well until I got in a car accident and broke my left hand. I never returned back to those lessons. The second time Cody and I took guitar from one of my clients but his school and work schedule along with my nail and mom schedule just didn't seem to work. So someday I will get back to using the guitar I got for Christmas when I was 18 and make some music. HOPEFULLY!

The tag consists of writing six facts that others may not know about you.
So onto the tagging other people. I tag....

April,
Mena,
Nickie,
Jessica,
JoNan ,
& Amanda.

If you would like to do it go ahead. If not I understand completely.

6 comments:

Shaun & April said...

Fun! Come back to work in the ER, cuz that's where I'll be all next semester... maybe longer if I like it. I'll try and do the tag tonight.

Rachel said...

Yay! You did it! And I learned a thing or two too.

I already knew of your paper obsession, but I had no idea when/how it started. I love that you would get a ream of WHITE PAPER as a birthday gift. That is sooo funny! How nice for your parents to have a child so easy to please.

I just hope you guys never have a fire. You'll never be able to convince the insurance company that you lost THOUSANDS of dollars worth of paper! ;)

And on a more serious note. I think it's amazing that you're so good with the elderly. That's a gift very few people posses.

Jennifer Parcell said...

Kara I love your blog! I am so sorry to hear about your friend! Truly life can and always will be full of unexpected trials. I hope you are doing well. You are such a creative and warm person. I miss being around your enthousiam all the time. The older I get I find that it is harder to stay in touch with friends who really are dear to me! I hate this very much. I need to have you do my nails for the mear fact that we would see each other and socialize once again. Sad but true! Anyways great blog check out ours if you would like at http://nicknjenn.blogspot.com

jessica said...

Thanks for the tag sweet cheeks! I'll be in Oregon helping my mom with some decorating. So I will post my tag on Monday...

I so knew about the paper obsession, that's one of the things that endeared you to me because I am a paper fanatic too! Did you ever go to the paper store while we were in Boston? So amazing!

allisonj_2004 said...

Hey it's looking good. Can you get in to jeff moss blogger. He said hi and to keep in touch. I wanted to check out his blogg and Kori said to tell him I but its blocked.

Oh, Sweet!... said...

Kara! I haven't talked to you since the reunion! How are you? I'd love to talk to you! Hope you are doing well!
Love,
Amy Taufer