A TASTE OF CHILDHOOD DAILY

When I was growing up we lived by the
TRAIN tracks. The
HORN never really bothered me or how loud it was when it went by. Well, when we moved back home from St. George (about 2 years ago) we moved about 6 blocks from where I grew up. Living by the tracks brings back childhood memories. Like taping pennies to the track to flatten them or hiding down under the train bridge that went over the creek to feel it shake.
This is now the VIEW from our front door. Yes, it is louder than I remember especially when answering the door when someone comes to visit. If Corban is outside he comes inside if he hears the
TRAIN coming and locks the door and runs to the window to watch. He hates how loud it is and thinks it is going to get him. But I can say I must still be use to it because I sleep through the night and amazingly so do my children. And if you are wondering if it blows the
HORN in the night it sure does and sometimes I think the honk is longer just for the fun of it.
5 comments:
That's a pretty cool picture you got. I'm still laughing, picturing Corban doing this. I don't blame him... Look how close it is. I'd run too.
I would go crazy with the trains constantly going by. You guys are brave.
Kara, I too grew up with a train across the street. I guess you get used to it. I think that is so funny about Corban. Really good pics of the train.
I always thought it was amazing that you never seemed to hear the train go by when we were kids. It really didn't take long before I quit hearing them too though. Man! I used to practically live at your house, huh?
Cute post!
I'm totally going to write a post about trains one of these days. I KNOW the trains honk their horns longer and in various patterns at night. Jared and I laugh that we can tell the conductors mood or personality by the way he honks the horn when he passes.
We don't hear them anymore either and we're a few blocks away. It actually lulls me to sleep and I often miss them when we head to UT.
Post a Comment