.jpg)
OH A HUNTING WE WILL GO!
(Kara's Point of View)
A couple weeks ago while I was working Cody called and asked if I would be willing to shoot an Elk. I sat there for a minute and thought what?? Then I just started to laugh. Are you kidding me I drew out for BIG BULL ELK? Cody's reply was yep you did.
I took hunters safety about 4 years ago so I could go if I wanted to but never in a million years did I think I would draw out for a hunt this soon. Most people put in for years (like 9 to 12 years). Each year you put in you earn a point. So the odds of me drawing out are like 1 to 500 because I only had 4 points.
Next, scarey thought I grew up shooting guns but haven't shot for years. The gun to kill an elk is big and has a lot of kick. It leaves bruises on Codys shoulder so I can only image how fast it is going to knock me on my butt. Cody and his Dad keep saying they are going to find me a gun with not as much kick. After that is accomplished I am going to have to target practice so I don't fall on my butt. Plus I have been the laziest person during this pregnancy so I am going to have to get into shape so I can hike all over the mountain to chase an elk. I at least have until September to get ready.
I am excited and scared to go. The thought of shooting something kind of freaks me out but I can do it. The Preston family is going to have a busy fall with hunting. Cody, his Dad, nephew Tanner, and brother-in-law all drew for general deer tags as well as my Elk tag. It is going to be FUN!



13 comments:
I vote I get the baby...okay I'll take all three while you're up getting knocked on your butt. Good luck with that. :)
Hey! that sounds pretty fun. Congratulations on the draw. I bet Cody is jealous. So what kind of gun does one use to shoot an Elk?
Congrats Kara what you have always wanted. Good luck!!
Damon,
Sorry I haven't responded to many of your comments. We are still a little new to the blogging and don't spend as much time as we would like to. It is good to hear from you. And in answer to your question about the guns, I use a Ruger 7mm Mag. to hunt elk. My dad has a .300 Winchester Mag. I will probably get Kara more like a .270. I haven't decided on wether to get her an ultra mag. or just a regular .270. I know you love guns, I didn't know wether you were as excited about hunting guns or just guns in general.
You go girl! I can't wait to hear about that adventure!
Just make sure you shoot a bigger Elk than John or Cody, then you can raz them about it!!!!!!
Well if it isn't the papa Bear and mamma Bear in the flesh. How the hell are you? I was tickled brown to find your website (I say 'brown' because, as your bear cub, my fur gives me no choice.) If there is a God in heaven, you will video tape Kara shooting that Elk. I'll need two copies, one for our 20 year class reunion and one for my private collection (that's where I keep all of my Damon MacArthur skin flicks.)
As for April saying she gets the baby, I believe Cody lost your third born child to me in a poker game back in high school. Make sure he's circumcised before I get there to collect him.
Anyway, stay cool and have a bitchin' summer.
Hi guys,
I stumbled on your blog through Damon's. Nice to see how you're getting along. I've never hunted elk before, but I'm going to have to learn this year, I think, as I'm moving up near my wife's family, who are all crazy into hunting. Good luck, Kara.
Also, I don't know if you've seen it, but I've been maintaining a blog exchange for SHS '96 alumni blogs. I'd like to add this one to the list, if that's OK with you. You can check it out at shs96.wordpress.com and leave a comment there if you're interested. Thanks. Take care.
You're a nicer wife than I Kara. I'd be telling Cody to get a wig and some mascara and if anyone questions him, raise his voice a few octaves and pretend...
I'm sure it will be fun, I can't wait to hear the story and see the bruises!
Kara! Hey friend! I dont know if you remember me.... Jyl Hughes (now Holiday)But I found your blog on the SHS Alumni sight and wanted to add you as a friend on my blog! your Family is BEAUTIFUL! its so good to see you again! check out my blog too!
Hey fun to read your blog and see what you have been up to. love you guys, amy (farrer)
Kara, it was fun to look at your blog I found it on the SHS blog site Mike created. Its funny you had your third boy in march I think and I had my 3rd girl in february. Are you going to try for one more? That's what everyone keeps asking me one more try for the boy UGH, high school drama doesn't compare to being a mom I look back and think man those day's were so easy what was I thinking! I tell all of my high school clients that this is the easiest time in their lives and to enjoy it because it won't last long growing up really is hard to do. By the way you look exactly the same as high school cute as always!
Post a Comment